Conditions of using our website
- the business-listings directory database (‘the database’) which you can get access to using this website;
- the design, text, graphics, articles, blogs and other content of the web pages on this website, together with all the web addresses associated with those web pages;
- in all the software used in relation to this website, other than that which we use under licence.
3. findmy.fitness also has information supplied by other organisations, including information about:
- maps, licensed by Google for full UK post codes content. There are limits on what you can use map information for. Please visit http://maps.google.com/help/terms_maps.html for more details.
About these conditions
4. For the purpose of these conditions, the term ‘website’ refers to findmy.fitness, the database on findmy.fitness and any other website we may own or run from time to time that links through to these conditions
5. If you log on to or use any part of the website you agree to these conditions. If you do not want to agree to these conditions, do not log on to or use this website.
6. We may change these conditions at any time without giving you notice. Please check these conditions from time to time for any changes. By continuing to use the website you agree to all the changes we make to these conditions.
7. findmy.fitness allows you to search for goods and services and to contact the organisations that provide these goods and services. You are allowed to use the website and the results of any search you carry out on the website for this purpose unless this is not allowed under paragraph 9 of these conditions.
8. We may limit your access to some parts of the website depending on whether you have registered with us. Please do not tell other people your log in, password or any other piece of information that is part of our security procedures. We take steps to prevent people misusing the website and to make sure that our rights are not affected. You are responsible for the content of any material provided using your log in details and password. You must notify us immediately if your log in details and/or password are used without your permission. We have the right to disable any account if, in our absolute discretion, you have failed to comply with these conditions, including if your display name is inappropriate in any way.
10. You cannot use the website:
- for any unlawful purpose;
- to harm, threaten, abuse or harass another person, or in a way that invades someone’s privacy or is (in our reasonable opinion) offensive or is unacceptable or damaging to hibu or the hibu group;
- to create, check, confirm, update or amend your own or someone else’s databases, records, directories, customer lists, mailing or prospecting lists;
- to provide any kind of commercial information service;
- as a source of material or contact data for any kind of marketing activity;
- to tamper with, update or change any part of the website;
- in a way that affects how it is run;
- in a way that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionably large burden on our communications and technical systems as determined by us; or
- using any automated means to monitor or copy the website or its content, or to interfere with or attempt to interfere with how the website works.
11. You must not artificially increase the number of click counts or click-throughs for any advertisement or advertiser, including by:
- any manual means (such as repeatedly clicking on adverts or refreshing pages);
- any automated means (such as computer-generated search requests or similar devices); or
- asking someone to carry out these activities (including by offering any benefit or incentive).
12. We have the right to investigate your online activities for ‘click-fraud’ or any similar activity. You agree to provide reasonable help with these matters.
Material provided to findmy.fitness
13. If you provide any material to the website (for example, by commenting on a blog, posting a review or uploading any other content including a video), you agree to grant us permission, irrevocably and free of charge, to use your material in any way we want on any website or otherwise (including altering and adapting it for operational or editorial reasons) in any media worldwide, which may include syndicating the material to selected third party social media and networking sites.
- your material is your own original work or you are authorised to provide it to the website;
- your material is not defamatory (that is, it does not damage someone’s good reputation), does not contain any material which is harassing, threatening, obscene, offensive, hateful, abusive or inflammatory;
- your material does not take away or affect any other person’s privacy rights, contract rights or any other rights, and does not otherwise break any laws of England and Wales;
- your material does not promote any illegal activity or discrimination;
- that you have the right to give us permission to use it for purposes specified above and that such use will not infringe the copyright, database right, trade mark, privacy or other rights of a third party;
- your material is not in any way liable to mislead others or otherwise be detrimental to or inconsistent with our good name or reputation;
- your material does not contain any virus or other code that may damage, interfere with or otherwise adversely affect the operation of the website;
- if your material is intended to promote your own business or services, you will clearly and openly state your association with the particular business;
- you will not falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proprietary notices, designations or labels; and
- your material does not contain any form of mass-mailing or spam.
16. You acknowledge that we do not have a duty to publish any material you have provided.
- reject or refuse to post any material you have provided;
- remove any material from the website, whether or not the material goes against any of these conditions; or
- restrict, suspend or stop your access to all or any part of the website at any time.
19. If you do not want to grant us the permission set out above on these terms, please do not provide any material to the website.
21. Please be aware of the following:
- You use the website at your own risk.
- We advise you to make sure you are satisfied with the exact type and nature of goods or services being offered by any organisations you search for using the website. We also recommend that you check the qualifications of people, companies and organisations offering the goods or services. We are not an agent for and do not give guarantees for these organisations or their goods and services.
- You should not rely on the website for advice.
- The website contains hyperlinks to websites run by companies other than Find My Fitness. We do not control, and are not responsible for, any other websites made available from or through the website. We do not give any guarantees about their content or how they work. You access and use these sites at your own risk and will need to keep to any conditions of use that apply to those sites. We do not approve or sponsor any products, services or content you access or buy through these websites.
- We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the results of any search made via the Find My Fitness Keyword Search tool.
22. As far as the relevant laws allow, neither we nor any other members of our group of companies, shareholders, officers, shareholders, staff or other organisations connected to us (collectively, ‘Find My Fitness Personnel’) give you any guarantees that:
- there will be no problems with how you use the website; or
- the computer or server you use to log on to the website is free of viruses or other harmful programmes.
Limits to our liability
23. There is no limit to what we and the people who provide our services will be liable for if someone dies or is injured because of something we have or have not done or because we have committed fraud.
24. Under no circumstances will the Find My Fitness Personnel or any other organisation involved in creating, producing, maintaining or distributing the website be liable for any loss of:
- business or business opportunities;
- savings you expect to make;
- use of corrupted information; or
25. If we do not keep to these conditions, we will only be liable for losses you have suffered as a direct result. We are not liable to you for any other loss whether they are because we have not kept to our obligations or contract, because of something we have not done, due to defamatory statements or liability for a product or otherwise as a result of:
- using or relying on the website;
- not being able to use the website;
- any mistake, fault, failure to do something, missing information, or virus on the website or if it does not work properly because of incidents outside of our control such as (but not limited to) interruptions to communication and networks and circumstances beyond our control;
- theft, destruction of information or someone getting access to our records, programs or services without our permission;
- goods, products, services or information received through or advertised on the website or any links provided by the website; or
- any information, data, message or other material which you e-mail, post, upload, reproduce, send, or otherwise distribute or receive using the website.
The whole agreement
26. These conditions make up the whole agreement between you and us in how you use the website. If a court decides that a condition is not valid, the rest of the conditions will still apply.
27. The laws of England and Wales apply to your use of the website and these conditions. We control the website from within the United Kingdom. However, you can get access to the website from other places around the world. Although these places may have different laws from the laws of England and Wales, by using the website you agree that the laws of England and Wales will apply to everything relating to you using the website and you agree to keep to these laws. We have the right to take you to court in the country you live in.